Friday, March 27, 2009

Second place is not bad

So I came in second in the NYU Master Chef competition. The other team did a phenomenal job with their dishes and I believe squarely beat me. My food was praised too, though I think my first dish (the dal) was perhaps a little too spicy (which is often my problem with Indian food). I'm very happy to have competed and am looking forward to seeing the video which they will show of the competition. If anyone wants to come the video showing will likely be April 13th at the Kimmel center in NYU. I'm sure I will show up on the video a good amount, so it might be fun.
Anyway, I'll need a few days to decompress after the cooking marathon today, but I should be back at it posting in the not distant future.

4 comments:

Kari said...

that's awesome!!! congratulations!!

Julia Oldham said...

It sounds like it was an excellent challenge--I bet the video will be totally fun. Definitely let us know when it gets screened.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations anyways, dude!! But it is good to know that we won't lose a great mathematician to a Hell's Kitchen Tv show!
See you on Monday.

Sheel said...

congrats ivan!! not bad at all... is it really possible for daal to be "too spicy"?