Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My application video and questions to you

I've been planning out my application video and was intending to tape it today, but it is raining so it will need to wait until tomorrow. The general idea will be that I will interview the Dosa Cart man who serves up lunches at the south west corner of Washington Square park. After learning about his experiences making Dosas, I will ask him to give a short lesson on Dosa making. Following this I will make them myself, showing the major steps in the preparation. The end of the video will be a critique of the success of my homemade Dosas. The video can not exceed 3 minutes.
I'm curious what people have thought about my application answers. On anonymous person seemed to think that America was not prime for a show on authentic ethnic cuisine. What are other peoples thoughts? Also, what sorts of dishes do you think I should have in mind to cover on the show?

1 comment:

Kari said...

I think your show idea is really marketable, unlike mr. anonymous, and america I believe is ready for it. "Ivan Corwin's Deja Vu" would be like Unwrapped and Food Detectives combined! I think a possible sticking point may be the elaborateness and skill of ethnic dishes--the number of spices required in Indian cooking, or the special sauces used in Asian cooking, example--and it would be interesting if your show could make ethnic food approachable for everyday Americans. I'm so excited for you!!