Monday, November 3, 2008

Dosas 2

So I let the remainder of my Dosa batter ferment over night. When I got to it this morning, it looked like it had fermented a fair amount more (it was more murky). I whipped it up a little and added a little more water to it and some salt. This time around the Dosas came out a lot better. In fact, my last attempt (I made three this morning) actually looked and tasted like a proper Dosa. My conclusion (and I will test this in the next few days) is that in our climate you need to let this ferment for at least a day, and then you also need to give it enough water. This aside, the Dosa cooked up pretty well.
I'm going to make another batch for Wednesday as a post election celebration (hopefully).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

or a post election wake;-)

Anonymous said...

Dude, I learned a new word: Murky. :D

Did you see that a brazilian won the Marathon!? :DD