Friday, November 7, 2008

Perogi's at Streecha

I'm now going to do what so many New Yorker food bloggists (and the NY Times) have done before me and praise the little know Perogi cafeteria by the name of Streecha. I first heard of this when my roommate from two years ago read about it, just weeks after moving from NY back to Boston. I was very excited and planned to go... but nothing materialized until today, my office mate and I decided to check it out. The place (on 7th street, between 2nd and 3rd, in the downstairs of a building) resembles a small cafeteria you would see in a religious center (probably because that is what it is). The food is awesome. Perogi's (potato dumplings) go for .50$ each, and stuff cabbage is 2$. They also have desert (apple cake) and borscht. Its only open fri-sun, and the money goes to the Ukranian Church near by. I'm definitely going to be going there again. My one reservation was that the onion mixture which came on the Perogi's was a little too heavy with the butter and oil. I might, next time, ask for just the Perogi's.

2 comments:

Will Perkins said...

i wanna go there! take me next time

SP31415 said...

Great. We can all head over there after the probability seminar on friday.